What is the purpose of the complimentary call?
The purpose of the complimentary call is:
1. To determine whether we are the right chemistry fit
2. For me to fully understand what your needs and wants are and assess the situation.
Given that the fit is right and I believe I could help, I will then explain how I work and tell you which program is suitable for you.
What do the executive function skill scores mean?
Low scores are challenges and high are strengths. In the coaching calls we work on all of them starting from the lowest score first. As each executive skill is linked with the rest, once one improves all of the EFs get a boost.
What shall I expect after the initial evaluation session?
The purpose of the initial evaluation session is to get to know each other and build trust and rapport.
You will be sent within the next few days:
1. Your or your child's executive function strengths and challenges (a summary)
as well as
2. The goals that you or your child set during the session (goal setting and action plan document)
Please note that:
1. The goal setting and action plan document is a working document that will be refined and tweaked regularly as we forge our collaborative work together. You will be able to add more targets with time. The purpose of the evaluation session is not to determine all the targets you will be working towards over the next 6 or 12 months ready and written down. This can be fine tuned as we go along.
2. If you wish to have a more comprehensive evaluation report (10 pages) which includes detailed suggestions and recommendations, this is a different service that can be booked for an additional cost here. Simply choose evaluation report.
Is online coaching appropriate for individuals with dyspraxia?
Yes! In online coaching we may use Zoom annotate, interactive whiteboards, fun educational games, typing, drawing, the metaverse, if appropriate. Please let us know your or your child's unique preferences, if you choose not to use this option. People with dyspraxia often use touch typing and are encouraged to use technology as much as possible alongside their gross motor and fine motor occupational therapy program. It is based on your unique learning preferences whether or not you wish to use technology. It is not counter indicated for people with dyspraxia to use technology. On the contrary, it is highly recommended for people with dyspraxia to leverage this learning tool as much as possible. If for any reason, you or your child with dyspraxia does not feel confident to use technology, please let us know.
Will it be stressful for me or my child to have coaching on top of life's commitments?
Coaching is necessary if you want to empower areas of your life. If you or your child are busy coaching can create a space where you have time to regain clarity, feel empowered and strategise. You or your child set the pace you feel comfortable with. Sessions can be weekly or biweekly so that you can fit them in your existing schedule and all goals are self selected. You can add more goals when you are ready.
What can I expect as a result of coaching?
Coaching is not a quick fix but rather small steps that build smalls wins, that build momentum and behavioural change over time. Everyone is different, has different needs, pace and goals they work towards. The results vary based on your effort before, throughout and after the session. Success can be immediate or take longer. The rapport between the coach and the client is what matters the most.
How are the strategy sessions different to the implementation sessions?
The strategy or skill sessions provide new results based solutions based on neuroscientific and empirical data. You will leave the sessions having new realisations and breakthroughs. You will feel more empowered and inspired to act on your goals.
The implementation or accountability calls help with the actual initiating and implementation of the action plan that we decide.