It is #ADHD awareness month.
These are some of my favourite apps for ADHD for 2020 that can be used for maximised performance.
Wake N Shake
Voice Dictation for Mac
If you want to enhance your focus, follow the checklist below in order to boost your performance. Of course strategies need to be tailor made, so you might need to tweak some of these to fit your individual circumstances.
1. Include sports and exercise in your daily routine as they immediately increase noradrenaline and dopamine, hormones which play an important role in boosting attention and focus based on neuro-scientific research.
2. Work in short bursts of 20/30/40 minutes tailored to your particular energy and focus levels followed by some sort of physical activity or movement break. This should also help with task completion.
3. Work in uninterrupted blocks. Interruptions destroy personal efficiency. Eliminate distractions, find an inspiring and quiet place to work and you will see increased focus. If you need to drink or hold something for sensory regulation and it helps with concentration, you can add it to the list.
4. Have an organised workspace. Keep things where they belong, create spaces to keep things and limit the amount of materials on a work desk or in front of and around you when you work.
5. Reward yourself at the end of every microtask done with a pleasurable activity and at the end of the day. It is very important to acknowledge effort and on task behaviour so that it is associated with positive feelings and experiences and therefore having more probability to be repeated again in the future.
If you want to discuss how best to support you or your child to maximise performance, book an appointment with me here